|Highest Finished Education -Bachelor in English/Computer Science/Engineering|
|Title||English Language Trainer|
|Organization||Zohak Technology (ZTech)|
|Duty Station||Kabul, Afghanistan|
|Duration||1 Year Contract (Extendable)|
|No of Jobs||10|
|Salary Range||As per company salary scale|
|Announcing Date||September 28, 2020|
|Closing Date||October 3, 2020|
|Job Type||English Training|
|Job Status||Full time|
Zohak Technology (ZTech) is a private Afghan owned company working in collaboration of Afghan Government and International agencies in different parts of Afghanistan.
|You will be part of a dynamic team that will spearhead efforts to provide High Quality English Language Training to the Afghan Air Force Cadets, Pilots & Maintenance Candidates.
|Duties & Responsibilities:
· Plan, design, and deliver customized programs of English language instruction.
· Prepare Afghan Air Force students for the American Language Course Placement Test (ALCPT), to include practice sessions.
· Prepare Afghan Air Force cadets for English Comprehension Level (ECL) practice and test sessions.
· Prepare Afghan Air Force cadets for General English learning and conversation improvement.
· Prepare Afghan Air Force cadets for test taking preparation and strategies and General Military/Occupational & Technical English (as needed).
· Create lesson plans, presentations, visual aids and other training materials, as required.
· Deliver classroom-based training to students of varying proficiencies.
· Research and develop specialized language content (ESP) as required.
· Prepare for and provide test taking preparation and strategies.
· Design, create and administer various training assessments and evaluations.
· Ensure accurate and timely completion of all required program reports and records.
· Pursue continuous improvement of training services and products.
· Set up, arrange, improvise, and maintain physical training spaces as required.
· Observe and obey all established safety procedures and protocols.
· Participate in meetings, training, professional development, exercises, and drills as directed.
· Accept tasking and guidance from Program Manager and Training Manager to fulfill training requirements.
· Interact with US and coalition force mentors if needed.
· Supervise students’ attendance and behavior and follow up as appropriate, in accordance with the Student Handbook.
· Teach and deliver the Aviation/maintenance English language materials to the Afghan Air cadets, NCOs and pilot/maintenance candidates.
· Write reports on students with clear formative comments and targets as to how to improve work by defined deadlines given, and provide regular estimated grades and feedback on assessments.
· Maintain current lesson plans, assessment data (i.e., grades), and attendance records using a defined school-sanctioned electronic interface.
|Qualifications and Requirement:
· English Language Instructor to teach English Language to Dari/Pashto-speaking Afghan Air Force cadets in Kabul, Afghanistan.
· The Instructor must possess considerable initiative, a collaborative nature, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to succeed in challenging, high-ambiguity work environments.
· Excellent oral and writing skills in English
· Problem-solving capability
· Capacity for prioritizing conflicting demands
· Acuity for balancing the normal demands of a range of work and responsibilities without disruption to other team members or school staff
· Ability to gather facts and to analyze situations objectively, accurately, and in an organized fashion
· Demonstrates good critical thinking skills to understand student and staff issues
· Excellent listening and questioning skills
· Attentive to deadlines
· Computer literacy
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited university & five year of related experience, OR two years related experience with Master's degree
· A minimum of 8 years of experience teaching English in lieu of a Bachelor Degree
· Familiarization with the Afghan Air Force structure/organization and mission.
The application must comprise of one-page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the post attaching your CV to it. Interested Afghan National Candidates should submit their applications via e-mail. Please note that applications received after the closing date (October 3, 2020) will not be given consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for a written test and your E-mail’s subject should be “VA-2020-008” otherwise your CV will not be considered.
Note: Please be informed that applications exceeding 1 MB will be automatically deleted from the system, only a cover letter and a CV is required.